Startups that are worth your attention
As the business industry grows, a lot of new startups step in, introducing their both creative and efficient business ideas and strategies. Here, we would like to share some of them:
- Airtable. This startup democratizes software creation and engages everyone in the process of creating, not just using, software. They have raised $170M in venture funding to date, most recently a $100M Series C from Benchmark, Thrive, and Coatue.
- Bloomscape. This company’s mission is to make the process of buying plants much more enjoyable and easier. Their website helps to choose the right plants easily and it also delivers already potted fully-grown plants to your house.
- Calm. This app was called the happiest app in the AppStore among 200, 000 users in 2018. This app is for meditation, sleep, and general well-being, which is also rated #1 in Appstore and GooglePlay with over 36 million downloads a day.
- VRpartments. This is an app that helps you to choose apartments safely and quickly with virtual reality cardboard glasses that are provided to its users. It helps people to have a real-life experience of each living space they explore without actually visiting them.
- Fathom. This is a deep learning NLP system that accelerates medical financial refunds. Its investors include Google Ventures, 8VC, and Stanford, as well as founders and early employees from companies like Google, Dropbox, Airbnb, and athenahealth.
- Loom. This is an app that helps to share and record videos all over the world. “With Loom, you can capture your screen, record with your front-facing camera, and narrate your video all at once — no switching apps or upload required.”
All startups are different, however, all of them make people’s lives easier and happier, which has driven our attention to them in the first place. And of course, all of them are inspired by the creativity and curiosity of its founders!